Logistics Coordinator - Taw Valley
Location: Devon, GB
Arla Foods, Taw Valley Creamery
6 month Fixed Term
Days based – Monday – Friday 37.5 hours
We are looking to recruit a Logistics Coordinator to work at our Taw Valley Creamery in Devon. It will be your responsibility to ensure that our products can be available to our customers on time and in full. You will be part of a high-performance team both delivering and supporting other functions to meet challenging team and personal goals.
Situated in West Devon, Taw Valley produces award winning, high quality cheeses including Tickler, BOB, Cheddar and Red Leicester for our retail and foodservice customers.
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Annual Pay review
- Employer pension matched up to 6% (12% total contributory)
- X4 annual salary life assurance cover
- Flexible Benefits- buy up to 5 days annual leave, reward gateway scheme- discounts with various retailers via my benefit platform
- Strong career development & training (internal and external training)
What will the role look like?
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Logistics department with coordination of customer collections from site for an export market.
- Develops stakeholder relationships, working closely with other site functions.
- Perform general administrative tasks (filing, typing, organising etc.)
- Understanding of strict export/customs requirements and documentation completed to a high accuracy.
- Reviews sites production plan and despatch availability with relevant teams, to ensure that we can meet customer requested collection dates and contracted volumes.
- Balances sites warehouse storage utilisation and measures delivery accuracy, ensuring orders are completed on time and in full.
- Work as an integral member of the team sharing both information and workload, and remain flexible with regards to tasks done on a daily basis.
Who are you?
- A motivated team player, who can work on their own initiative
- Has an understanding of supply chain processes and health and safety procedures.
- It’s vital you can understand and read all signage, and are able to communicate well as our sites run on teamwork.
- You’re as serious about quality as we are – and ready to work hard to achieve it.
- You’ll be a strong performer with a good attendance record and a willingness to learn further skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive PC skills/computer literacy- familiarity with all Microsoft platforms (familiarity with SAP or similar warehouse/stock management solutions would be desirable)
- Previous experience within a Logistics and/or Food Manufacturing (FMCG) environment would be desirable.
- Good motivating & influencing skills to help support others to drive departmental tasks through to completion.
Things We’d Love To Tell You About Arla
- We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
- We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
Please apply using the link or reach out to Olivia Pine, Talent Partner.
Please note we are not partnered with any recruitment agencies for this role. We kindly ask that recruitment agencies do not submit CVs on behalf of candidates for this role, as these CVs will not be considered under the agency ownership and if Arla does progress with any such candidate, this will not amount to acceptance of the agency's terms. We encourage interested individuals to apply directly through our official channels.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.