Technical Compliance Manager
£45,000 - £50,000
Job ref: 8589
We are seeking a talented individual to join a family run business which supplies both own label and branded products to UK leading supermarkets, wholesalers, foodservice and manufacturing customers.
About the Technical Compliance Manager job
You will be responsible for managing the technical aspects of the company’s relationship with its customers and suppliers.
Key to the role will be developing the food safety culture within their suppliers, ensuring audit compliance of all legal and customer food safety standards.
- Work with supplying sites to ensure compliance with relevant customer standards and codes of practice.
- Conduct factory audits to drive continuous improvement in sites’ capabilities for food safety, quality, packaging, environmental and sustainable requirements.
- Drive product quality improvement initiatives throughout the raw material sourcing, production, and packaging processes.
- Become the subject matter expert on supplier production capabilities from farm to finished product.
- Prepare supplier sites for customer audits and visits and accompany customers on their supplier site visits.
- Support and/or manage product launches ensuring products are delivered to the correct specification on time.
- Support the Technical Manager where required to ensure the department provides an effective and efficient service to commercial and supply chain technical queries.
You will possess a food science or related degree with a minimum of 6 years’ experience working in a technical role in a factory or a food retailer. In addition:
- Competent, trained auditor with a sound knowledge of factory quality systems and standards.
- HACCP trained and current working knowledge.
- Experience of running an internal audit program within a factory an advantage.
- Working knowledge of BRC requirements for food safety.
- Experience of working directly with or for UK food retailers.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral including the capability to present an action plan following an audit to the factory senior team.
- Flexible to travel within Europe to carry out factory audits which will include overnight stays.
The Technical Compliance Manager job is based in Berkshire and is paying £45,000 - £50,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 22 days’ holidays plus Bank Holidays, pension and free car parking on site.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
Alternate job titles
Technical Manager | QA Manager | Quality Assurance Manager | Senior Quality Manager | Food Manufacturing Technical Management Jobs | Food Safety Jobs | Technical Compliance Jobs | Food Technologist