Job ref: 8591
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to work for a leading provider of premium quality specialist products to food manufacturers, foodservice, and retailers throughout the UK.
With a constantly expanding portfolio and innovative approach to food, the business can provide customers with products tailored to their individual needs.
About the QA Manager job
You will be responsible for the management of the QA team, factory technical processes and activities to ensure the site is continually manufacturing safe and legal product in accordance with all policies and procedures.
- Management of the QA’s – 5 direct reports including developing, coaching and training.
- Auditing – GMP / hygiene / fabrication / QMS in line with the schedule and ensuring that all non-conformances are communicated and closed out.
- Control of non-conforming product, hold and reject communication, reject and disposal notes.
- Organisation of all laboratory and retained samples ensuring that all testing is completed in accordance with schedule and codes of practices.
- Overseeing the factory and ensuring that the facility is “audit ready” and ensuring that the HACCP plan, QMS, Integrity requirements are all fully installed into the daily working processes.
- External audit preparation and involvement in all customer, regulatory and third-party audits.
- First line contact with the factory – this is a hands-on, factory role and presence in the factory, working with the QA’s and operational and engineering staff is essential.
- Management of all goods in checks and raw material release, shelf-life extensions / date life management.
With significant experience within the food manufacturing industry and a BSc in Food Science or equivalent related discipline, you will also require:
- Level 3 HACCP and knowledge of BRC and Retailer Code of Practice.
- Good people management skills.
- Audit experience.
Well-motivated, flexible and able to work on your own initiative and as a part of a team, you should have excellent organisational and communications skills.
The QA Manager job is based in South Wales and is paying c. £35,000 according to your experience.
The package includes company pension plus a generous 33 days holiday (including bank holidays).
The working hours are days, Monday to Friday.
Alternate job titles
Quality Assurance Manager | Quality Manager | Head of Quality | Food Manufacturing QA Management Jobs | Food Industry QA Jobs