Production Line Leader
Job ref: 8476
This job is working for a very well-established and respected manufacturer that supplies to UK retailers and foodservice markets, as well as further food manufacturing.
Always at the forefront of product development and innovation, they have continually invested in new facilities and the latest technologies.
About the Production Line Leader job
The purpose of your role will be to ensure that production is ready to start at shift start times, and that production meets its targets. This role reports to the Team Leader of your area and the Production Manager.
- Make sure that you and your team comply with all health & safety plus food safety requirements, ensuring that anything produced is of 100% quality and safe for consumption.
- Plan to ensure that there are enough staff organised to achieve the daily target.
- Order raw materials and packaging and ensure these are ready to be used.
- Train the team to make sure that they know what “good” looks like.
- Organise and motivate your team to meet production plan targets and improvements daily.
- Measure area performance using company systems, SIC boards and KPI trackers to achieve performance.
We are looking for someone with food production experience, ideally in a supervisory role. You will be expected to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Financial awareness with a desire to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Proactive approach to raising service levels.
- Enthusiasm, commitment and flexibility.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, professionally and discreetly.
The Production Line Leader job is based in North Kent and is paying c. £27,000 per annum.
The working hours are Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 4.30pm with an unpaid half hour break for lunch. An additional 20 minute break each day is paid. Some overtime is available at a rate of pay and a half.
The company closes between Christmas and New Year and they contribute to your pension at a rate of 5.5%.
Alternate job titles
Production Supervisor | Production Line Leader | Assistant Production Manager | Production Shift Supervisor | Production Shift Leader | Food Industry Production Jobs