Protea Recruitment is working with a well-known FMCG Manufacturer is looking for an experienced Operations Manager, preferably with packing experience.
Title: Operations Manager
Product: Food/ FMCG Packing
Salary: £55k to £60k DOE NEG
- To lead, manage, motivate and develop the operations management team to further develop cross-functional relationships both internally and with other group businesses
- To fully understand the operational risks to achievement of commercial strategy and to implement cost effective solutions to mitigate those risks.
- To critically evaluate existing capacities and identify improvement opportunities to drive efficiencies, improve OTIF and enhance operating margins.
- To be the Project Lead managing transfer of equipment from Scotland to Herefordshire, ensuring installation projects run to time and transferred assets achieve operational targets in line with previous performance.
- To critically review and monitor operating results, managing spend against budget in relation to changes in production volumes and making recommendations for improvement specifically with regard to product quality and cost of goods sold (COGS) ensuring that all operational activities are achieved within both departmental and EBIT budgetary restrictions.
- To drive lean manufacturing and continuous improvement programmes through the packaging facility maximising KPI achievements, underpinning operational excellence.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities for problem solving and cost reduction, challenging staff, self and other departments to deliver improvements.
- To undertake regular one-to-ones with the Operations Management team, agreeing objectives, actions and priorities, reviewing performance and identifying and providing opportunities for development.
- To support all Technical activity to ensure that quality, food safety and hygiene standards achieve ‘best of breed’, supporting commercial expansion activity within the multiple retail sector.
- To oversee the development and implementation of a truly comprehensive PPM routine, minimising down time and maximising the efficiency and working life of all manufacturing capital equipment.
- Preparation, negotiation and control of the annual Operations budget for the site including CAPEX recommendations to meet the growth, infrastructure and EH&S needs of the business.
- To play a lead role engendering a culture of behavioural safety across all Operational activities of the business.
- Other Duties: Specialist projects as agreed with the Managing Director to support the business requirements.
Skills & Experience:
- Solid background gained within the food industry across a variety of sectors including branded and private label, high and low care operations.
- Demonstrable experience of operations management - understands what makes successful businesses tick.
- Financially astute with a solid understanding of P&Ls. Must be capable of building robust, realistic, and achievable operational budgets.
- A track record of success identifying and implementing manufacturing improvements beneficial to EBIT number.
- Demonstrable project management experience delivering continuous improvement, operational efficiencies and/or CAPEX projects.
- Strong communication and organisational ability; able to deliver a multitude of projects and tasks.
- Influential; capable of developing relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Proven people management skills; a natural coach and strong ‘hands on’ leader.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills - a positive, forward-thinking individual.
- First rate commercial awareness and robust cost control ability.
- Highly motivated to succeed, energetic, dynamic and confident.
- Capable of commanding respect; has gravitas.
- A strong relationship builder, able to communicate at all levels.
- Driven by a desire to achieve real and tangible results
Please note that all successful candidates will receive a full job description.
For more info, please apply or contact Gareth or Matt on 01313787222