Our client based in Greenwich are recruiting for a Transport Manager based on a Night Shift to join their team on a permanent basis. The client is a major food supplier and has an excellent team in place.
To be successful in this role you will need to have an excellent knowledge of London and worked with multi-drop round deliveries and be highly skilled in route planning, optimisation and management. The Transport Manager will lead a team comprising an Assistant Transport Manager, Fleet Controller and 25 drivers along with operating a fleet of 17 vehicles currently.
• Ensuring all customer sites are routed optimally and allocated to the correct delivery rounds.
• Periodically re-routing in line with round capacity requirements
• Assigning new customers to delivery rounds after working with the Account Management Team in the customer on-boarding process.
• Ensuring all Delivery Instructions are accurate and updating where needed.
Transport Team Day-to-Day Management:
• Rota management
• Ensuring all hours are correctly logged and approved for payroll
• Performance management
• Absence management
• Disciplinary management with the support of HR
• Use of Third Party delivery services to support the team
Transport Function Day-to-Day Management:
• Ensuring vehicle management is being correctly performed
• Ensuring all accidents are managed correctly and vehicles are repaired
• Ensuring all servicing and MOT requirements have been met
• Ensuring the Assistant Transport Manager, Fleet Controller and Supervisors are performing their roles to the necessary standard
• Ensuring all delivery issues are resolved satisfactorily as quickly as possible
• Reacting to and managing delivery problems as they arise such as breakdowns, accidents, delivery failures.
• Working with Customer Services to manage all customer complaints and putting in place corrective action where required
• Communicating with Customer Services to manage customer expectations in relation to late deliveries and delivery problems
• Ensuring all routes are operating within capacity
• Ensure customer keys and codes are managed and correctly stored and dealing with all customer site issues when they arise
• Working and liaising with other key departments such as Production and Packing to ensure products are despatched in order to be delivered on time to the customer
• Working with Account Management on new customer management
• Identifying improvements where needed to increase the daily and weekly sales order success rate
• Manage all vehicle insurance requirements including renewals, claims management and accident investigations.
• Managing all FORs requirements
• Ensuring all fines and penalties are appropriately recharged to drivers where needed
• Ensuring all loading bay bookings and customer delivery administration is performed where needed
• Ensuring telematics data is reviewed and all necessary actions taken
• Ensuring all Driver behaviour monitoring via LightFoot is correctly performed and acted upon
• Ensuring all required departmental reports are performed
• Ensuring all Driver training and support is performed
• Reviewing fuel usage and ensure being efficient
• Managing delivery standards and ensuring in line with Company expectation
• KPI monitoring
• Departmental budget management
• Working with the Head of Operations and Director responsible for the area to select appropriate software to improve Vehicle monitoring, route monitoring and planning and proof of delivery
• Working with the Head of Operations and Director responsible for the area to ensure the department has the correct resources and any structural problems are resolved
• Identifying and driving business improvement initiatives related to Transport.
Expected to be between 12.00am and 9.00am 5 days a week but will require flexibility including weekend working at times in order to meet the needs of the business.
Up to £55,000 DOE
• Company events
• Company pension
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted or free food
• Referral programme
• Sick pay
• Store discount
• Free cake on your birthday
Job Reference: 41306
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Emily McLeish to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.