Protea Recruitment is working with a Food Manufacturer in Northern Ireland, who is looking for a Quality Assistant to join their team. This role is Monday to Thursday, 15:00 to 01:00
Title: Quality Assurance Assistant
Salary: £24k to £26k
Shifts: Monday to Thursday, 15:00 to 01:00
Tasks and Duties
- Liaise with the production team to achieve the highest possible standards of product quality, safety and hygiene.
- Ensure that products despatched from the company meet company and customer standards and statutory regulations.
- Monitor production and packaging processes, raising problem areas with production staff in the first instance and if the problem is not resolved promptly, inform the Factory/Quality Managers of any areas requiring attention.
- Ensure performance of critical tasks to maintain product quality (eg. calibration, temperature monitoring, etc.).
- Ensure production and packing staff accurately complete all agreed Quality records.
- Carry out spot checks to verify accuracy of these records
- Monitor and compile accurate records of;
- weights of products produced on a daily basis
- area temperatures of chills and freezers throughout the factory
- metal detectors
- glass audits
- Ensure inspection of incoming and outgoing goods and investigation of all customer complaints and supplier deficiencies.
- Conduct daily cook ups of products being manufactured and maintain accurate records of all tastings
- Complete a weekly and monthly quality check summary
- Maintain records of customer complaints and supplier deficiencies.
- Keep database of non conforming products and supplies
- Ensure approved supplier information & specs are keep up to date and contact suppliers for information as required
- Update and maintain the following information as required;
- Supplier reports
- BRC Certificates
- Stock of dry materials
- Download and record information from Data loggers on a daily basis
- Conduct Traceability and mass balance exercises periodically
- Ensure Document control is kept up to date for all records
- Apply attention to detail and accuracy when data handling.
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers, laboratories and other 3rd parties.
- Accompany pest control personnel on routine visits
- Any other duties as directed by the Quality Manager.
- Comply with site Health and Safety requirements.
- Observe all company procedures at all times
- Have a flexible and positive approach to the role.
- GCSE Maths and English
- Ability to understand written and spoken English.
- Experience in food preparation in a commercial environment.
- Experience in producing and maintaining accurate records
- Experience of working in a busy and demanding environment.
- Good interpersonal/ communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Evidence of good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and be self- motivated.
- Evidence of the ability to apply a logical and methodical approach to work.
- Good numeracy skills.Evidence of excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Fully flexible with shift, working patterns and tasks.
- Ability to deal with the physical demands of the role.
- Food/Quality qualification (Preferred)
- Experience within the food industry (Preferred)
- Awareness of quality management systems, eg. BRC (Preferred)
Please note that all successful candidates will receive a full job description.
For more info, please apply or contact John on 07809117856