Noble Foods is an award winning family business and leading UK supplier of fresh food brands and the market leaders in the UK for egg products. Each week, Noble Foods individually grades, pack and delivers over 60 million British Lion eggs for customers across the UK. The company has been recognised globally by the Business Benchmark on Farm Animal Welfare (BBFAW) for its stringent animal welfare practices. Noble Foods brands include: the happy egg company, Big & Fresh, Heritage Breeds, and Purely Organic.
About the role
As a member of the Consumer Foods EHS team, you will take ownership for the day-to-day compliance with safety, health and environmental requirements and training needs across Noble Company Farms.
Driving excellent across your sites to ensure maintenance of the ISO45001 and ISO 14001 certifications. The role will be regional field based.
Main responsibilities for EHS Advisor
- Visibility across the Farms in your remit – coaching and supporting continuous improvement
- Manage and communicate all Environmental, health & safety systems and procedures
- Take ownership for ensuring site operational management own and implement effective EHS management systems, legal requirements, and best practice
- Drive the objectives and targets for each of your sites gaining stakeholder commitment to deliver against them, and in line with Group EHS objectives and targets.
- Build on group systems and policies, to ensure compliance and to develop a culture where health, safety and environmental considerations are at least as important as anything else we do
- Conduct or assist site management teams as necessary with internal and external management system audits
- Champion good behavioural safety at all levels of the division business unit, via the operational management team – good health and safety is good business.
- Champion the SWOP and T card processes and provide coaching to management teams and colleagues to ensure targets for completion are met and assisting and driving a positive health and safety culture
- Develop, deliver, or facilitate health, safety, and environmental training as necessary • Liaison with the Regulators and supporting sites in preparation for and during HSE visits
- Have a good understanding of health, safety, and environmental legislation – NEBOSH general cert (minimum)
- Membership of IOSH
- Foundation certificate in Environmental Management/ Associate certificate (preferred)
- Proactive management of health, safety, and environment to drive improved standards across the site/s
- Experience of undertaking audits and dealing with non-conformity close out – willingness to undertake internal auditor qualification.
- Has a Can-do attitude and works Together with others to proactively find fresh solutions to challenges and to drive improvement Is Action orientated and works in a structured and organised way able to combine proactive and reactive workloads to ensure deadlines are met
- Is conscientious and willing to go the extra mile, passionate about our business, our products and the market and strives for Excellence with a desire for continuous improvement
- Communicates effectively and can flex their style to match varying situations
- Access to Perkbox with a variety of discounts including a monthly freebie from Greggs or Café Nero
- Free turkey at Christmas to feed the family
- Discounted eggs and chicken
- Free hot drinks on shift
- A Celebration day after 1 years service enjoy an extra day off to celebrate a life event, such as your
- Access to Axa's Doctor at Hand - With AXA Doctor at Hand you can speak to a GP 24/7, 365 days a
- year1, whether you’re at work, home or abroad
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Free Eye Test every two years
- Discounted mobile phone contracts
- Share in our success with the People Partnership - after 6 months service you will be eligible for a
- yearly bonus
- Additional Allowances for First Aiders and Mental Health First Aiders
- Wellness programme
- Employee Charity Matching Scheme
Interested? If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button with a copy of your up-to date CV.
Not right for you? We have a vast portfolio of clients who are always looking for new talented and passionate individuals to join their teams. Let us know what you are looking for and we can help match you with your next career move.