Operations Engineering Specialist - Arla Foods, Taw Valley Creamery
Location: Devon, GB
2 year Fixed Term Contract
Days based – Monday – Friday 37.5 hours
Situated in West Devon, Taw Valley produces award winning, high quality cheeses including Tickler, BOB, Cheddar and Red Leicester for our retail and foodservice customers.
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Annual Pay review
- Employer pension matched up to 6% (12% total contributory)
- X4 annual salary life assurance cover
- Flexible Benefits- buy up to 5 days annual leave, reward gateway scheme- discounts with various retailers via my benefit platform
- Strong career development & training (internal and external training)
What will the role look like?
Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for delivering operational plans and setting day-to-day team objectives. You will act independently to deliver the business policies and programmes within a defined specialist area.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Coach, support, drive and inspire Continuous improvement activities and contribute to a Lean Culture
- Contributes to the management and development of operations to ensure execution of the business
- Ensures an efficient and stable process with emphasis on quality, EHS, sustainability based on process specialist knowledge.
- Completes projects, tasks and activities in order to ensure operations performance.
- Cooperates with Production & Innovation and support operations with NPI/NPD, project implementation and customer visits.
- Challenges processes and practices. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and support LCO Teams on continuous optimization and development opportunities in daily operations.
- Support LCO Teams and M&E for optimisation equipment, including proposals for investment
- budget and participation in investment projects.
- Works with data driven decisions and understands the analysis of data using SPC, OEE, or basis
- Facilitates boost events (CI) in accordance with rollout plan and in collaborations with key stakeholders
- Link operational performances to continuous improvement opportunities
The ideal candidate will be:
- An operations professional who is keen to make a significant impact on the success of Arla Taw Valley’s operations.
- Highly analytical, with experience of data analysis & management and using this to drive continuous improvement
- Qualified to a degree standard or equivalent experience.
- Have a minimum of 2-4 years of process experience within production of food products
Things We’d Love To Tell You About Arla
- We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
- We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
Please apply using the link or reach out to Olivia Pine, Talent Partner.
Please note we are not partnered with any recruitment agencies for this role. We kindly ask that recruitment agencies do not submit CVs on behalf of candidates for this role, as these CVs will not be considered under the agency ownership and if Arla does progress with any such candidate, this will not amount to acceptance of the agency's terms. We encourage interested individuals to apply directly through our official channels.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.
#LI-OLPYN Ref.: 90760