This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work to bring to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Lead and execute routine sensory assessments in line with internal and customer expectations and according to international standards. The role will be the key contact for all sensory related support and enquiries.
- Ensure practical implementation and operational adherence to sensory programmes as specified by McCormick’s internal and customer standards, thus ensuring compliance with Company, regulatory, third party and Customer standards, whist achieving Quality objectives and KPI targets.
- Deputise as appropriate for the QA Lab Lead, including the day-to-day management of the teams and any associated activities.
- Set up implementation and management of the Sensory Lab for all necessary activities, including the management of equipment and consumables.
- Leading and executing routine sensory tests, (as required) including setting up and overseeing day 0 sensory panels: sample preparation, panel recruitment and data entry, in line with customer expectations and international standards.
- Providing sensory and technical support to improve McCormick business performance with clear recommendations to the business
- Sensory evaluation support and validation of new or changes to existing products, processes, and equipment, including CCI, ingredient changes, clean label and product improvement initiatives in conjunction with the R&D team.
- Managing the target selection programme to ensure full compliance.
- Conduct complaint investigations when related to sensory issues and construct reports based on findings.
- Support customer visits and attend / provide training.
- Management of shelf-life validation and verification, seasonal ingredient approval and raw material shelf-life extensions.
- Develop and maintain Sensory testing databases, interpret results and present in appropriate format to stakeholders and provide recommendations.
- Further educated to Higher National Certificate or equivalent.
- Campden Sensory Evaluation trained or equivalent, Food Safety Level 3, HACCP Level 2, Train the Trainer.
- Practical knowledge and experience of sensory analysis.
- Similar leadership role in a food manufacturing environment working within sensory programme management.
- Ability to work autonomously, without direct supervision.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. A
- bility to interact with multiple levels within the business as well as with external contactors and Customers.
- Practical experience in the application of Lean Techniques (including RCA & CAPA management), six sigma lean principals and tools.
- Practical knowledge and experience of BRC, HACCP implementation, Allergen management would be advantageous.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With over 14,000 employees around the world and more than $6 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Thank you for your interest at McCormick and time you invested in your application. Please note, all applications are being thoroughly reviewed by our Talent Acquisition team and only selected candidates will be contacted.