Are you an experienced Packaging/Compliance Technologist in the world of food?Are you interested in a role with a leading UK brand, supporting their busy team, with a focus on Plastics?
Reed Food and FMCG have been briefed to recruit for a well-regarded business, for a Packaging Technologist in charge of ensuring packaging products meet set requirements and specifications.
Please find more details on the Job Responsibilities and key requirements below:Packaging Technologist£35,000 to £45,000+ Per Annum + BenefitsLocation:
* Working as a functional expert in cross-functional teams to deliver business goals
* You will work on a range of projects including new packaging development projects relating to primary secondary and tertiary packaging formats.
* Responding to a brief that specifies the requirements packaging must meet (e.g. product presentation, identification and labelling, convenience, function, etc).
* Testing packaging designs to ensure its fit for function
* Ensuring that packaging products meet set requirements and specifications, considering what might affect a product, e.g. its fragility, how it responds to light, PH and ingredient makeup, exposure to moisture or temperature change, and how packaging must take account of these aspects. Identify high-risk formulation/packaging and assess testing with suppliers
* Producing samples to try out different materials and designs
* identifying opportunities to reduce costs while maintaining quality
* Arranging production trials to test and evaluate packaging until a satisfactory result is achieved, including transit trials
* Evaluating, and selecting suppliers, including Liaising with suppliers to ensure the supply of suitable raw materials.
* Working closely with graphic designers and marketing specialists to ensure that the final look of the packaging is taken into account.
* Identifying and choosing products from suppliers
* Liaising with engineers to formulate the most efficient production approach
* Work closely alongside the graphic design department, as well as the client, to ensure the packaging can provide satisfactory brand exposure.
* Identify high-risk formulation/packaging and assess testing with suppliers
* Review of SPT (Structural Packaging Test) reportsPerson Specification:
Excellent project management skills
Proven track record Technical specifications
Ideally with some experience in FMCG/packaging
University degree/Diploma in relevant disciplineKey Relationships:Internal:
* NPD Team
* QA & Technical Service Teams
* Commercial and Operations teams
* Operations ExecsExternal:
This is a unique role within an organisation full of great people, therefore if you are keen to know more about this opportunity, please do apply at your earliest convenience, to be considered for an immediate interview.