Our client based in Bedfordshire is searching for a Category Buyer to join their exceptional Procurement division and be part of an international food business.
You will support the Central Procurement Category Manager with the strategic raw material portfolio for an ingredients category for European factories.
• Prepare and organise negotiations using the new formats
• Assist the Category Manager in negotiating contracts and deploy them in various regions
• Provide support to mitigate risks in practices (such as single supply exposure and contingency planning)
• Monitor the implementation of dual supply and value optimization in different regions
• Continuously monitor the market and provide market insights
• Manage supplier relationships, including fieldwork presence in sourcing origins
• Participate in group audits, generate meeting reports, and follow up on actions
• Support the transformation of procurement practices within the regions
• Support in increasing central spend and expand the supplier base at the central/group level integrating new suppliers
• Enhance the screening of the portfolio and integrate existing SKUs/businesses from Solina sites and new acquisitions
• Provide support to reach our sustainability targets 2030
• Adept in all financial metrics
• Entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on, action oriented and flexible approach
• Strong analytical skills, excellent communicator and diplomatic
• Ability to travel mainly Europe
• You are well organised, design strategic and tactical structures and processes and you know how to translate them to management level
• Basic excel (Pivot table, VLOOKUP etc.)
• Negotiation, Strategic sourcing, INCOTERM, Tariff code
• Ability to organize your workload with autonomy, ability to work under tight schedule
• Change management
• Ability to manage transversal project with multi-site implications. Matrix organisation previous experience
• Ability to represent the group image towards suppliers
• Customer centric mindset.
Ref Code: FMW41339
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.