Food Technologist / Food Safety Officer
£26,000 to £32,000 per annum
Job ref: 8609
You would be joining a highly successful family owned and operated UK manufacturer of processed meat snacks. They provide a wide range of flavourful products using traditional recipes and new innovative methods to bring high-end, quality, bite-sized goods to the UK and EU market.
About the Food Technologist / Food Safety Officer Job
Your role will be to provide technical support and HACCP monitoring by liaising regularly with management on technical issues and requirements, as well as being involved in the monitoring of the daily production of meat snacks, the new creation and development of new products.
- Preparation of ingredients for daily production and routine quality / AW checks of end-products as well as quality control of packaged products, and weights.
- Weekly calibration of scales, temperature probes, checking and maintaining records of cold rooms, drying rooms and cleaning records.
- Manage HACCP and daily checks of recorded documentation, ensuring the company’s processes stay within regulatory and legislative remits.
- Manage and conduct internal auditing and the updating of HACCP’s as required. Work closely with team members to ensure seamless daily activity and monitoring of cleaning schedules, dry room temperatures, product rotation and overall HACCP record monitoring.
- New product development, oversee new projects, liaising with management and customers. Provide sample products as required by new customers and for weekly microbiological and AW testing.
- Implementing and revising safety policies and procedures to prevent workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses.
- Train new employees on health and safety procedures.
- Technical experience within the food manufacturing industry would be considered a distinct advantage, 1-2 years preferred. A food science related degree would be highly beneficial. Ideally qualified to a minimum of HACCP level 3 Computer literate and have excellent organisational / people skills. This role could also suit a recent food graduate looking to start their food manufacturing career
The Food Technologist / Food Safety Officer role is based in East London and is paying a salary of between £26,000 and £32,000 plus bonus, according to the candidates experience.
Full training shall be provided.
The working hours are 8:00am – 17:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Alternate Job Titles
Technical Administrator | Technical Assistant | Technical Coordinator | Technical Information Officer | Food Industry Technical Jobs | Specifications Technologist | QA Technologist | QA Technician | Food Safety Compliance Officer | Quality Assurance Auditor | Quality Technologist