ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We’re a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We’re blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We’re a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We’re an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we’re a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com
We are now seeking a QSHE (Quality, Safety, Health & Environment) Co-Ordinator to provide support across the Purfleet site.
- To manage the Energy Management System ensuring compliance to ISO50001 standard.
- To work with the Technical Manager and Quality Systems Manager to support and improve Environmental, Quality, Food / Feed Safety Systems, and programs (ISO 14001, BRC, FEMAS, Kosher, Halal, RSPO, HACCP, ADM standards and customer specific requirements).
- To manage the audit process for Energy, Environment and Quality / Food Safety Systems and other future systems as required ensuring audits are scheduled, conducted according to schedule and corrective/ preventative actions are tracked and closed on time.
- To manage GMP inspection program, actively leading inspections, engaging with operations and engineering team members to improve food safety culture.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Participate in certification and customer audits.
- To collect and collate data for KPI reporting and for investigations and improvement activities. Producing reports as required.
- Actively participate in the site Performance Excellence Program, engaging with various groups to promote improvements and generate ideas.
- To manage the pest control contract ensuring customer, site and certification bodies requirements are met.
- To participate in root cause investigations and corrective / preventative action programs (CAPA).
- Provide support for the Technical Department, including ordering, and external sample management, including sample dispatch.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Degree or equivalent preferably in a science-based subject.
- Ideally experience in one or more of the following management systems: Energy / Environment / Quality / Food Safety (HACCP), ideally involving recognized certified systems, e.g., 50001, ISO14001 and BRC.
- Ideally experience / knowledge of auditing.
- Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- The ability to undertake investigations and analyze data.
- IT skills with good knowledge of Word & Excel.
Your Future Perspective
- Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility in a modern work environment with flexible work time models
- Room for innovative thinking and growth with the possibility to manage your own career path.
- A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity. To assist with this all colleagues are able to join our Women’s and Multicultural Employee Resource Groups, and the ADM Pride Employee Network. As well as the company wide mentorship program as mentor or mentee.
- Excellent career opportunities in a world leading nutrition company.
- An attractive remuneration including a variety of social benefits like subsidized health & fitness offers.
- ADM is a company where managers and colleagues are encouraged to discuss and enable the flexibility that is needed to meet the demands of work and life through a Hybrid working arrangement (delete as appropriate).
- Additional benefits and support for maternity and paternity leave
- ADM are an advocate of having a workforce who are aware of their mental health. In addition to our network of Mental Health First Aiders, all new starters to the business will be enrolled in ‘Mental Health Aware’ training within three months of joining the business.
Learn more about ADM at www.adm.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity at our company to encourage a diverse range of perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge within our business. To assist with this the Company has established a UK Diversity forum to support participation of underrepresented groups in the work place. If you feel this job is for you, unlock your potential and apply now online informing us about your earliest possible entry date and salary expectation. By applying for this position, you agree to ADM’s privacy notice.