Are you our missing ingredient?
Crewe, Cheshire salary c. £30,000 + 10% annual bonus
39 hours Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5pm; Friday 8am to 4pm
Hybrid working after probation
Dairygold is Ireland’s largest farmer-owned co-operative. Our unique location, referenced as the Golden Vale, is home to nutrient rich pasture lands that stretch across the valleys of Munster, where our farmer shareholders produce quality-assured, naturally sourced raw materials. Combining our deep-rooted farming tradition with our nutritional expertise and technology, we have grown to be a global player that supplies the global market with the highest quality premium cheese and dairy ingredients.
Dairygold processes 1.48 billion litres of milk a year, with an annual turnover of €1.65 billion. The society is structured across three imperative divisions; food ingredients, agri business and retail, that drive and support our farmers and business.
Dairygold Food Ingredients UK is the #1 cheese ingredient solutions supplier to the UK’s major food manufacturers, retailers and food service customers. We have achieved rapid growth over the last five years and have ambitious plans for this to continue. ‘AA’ Grade BRC accredited, we’ve invested heavily in our people and recognise that recruiting, retaining and developing talent are critical to our future success.
To ensure a legally and technically compliant product is produced through the provision of accurate customer and supplier specifications. To ensure that customers are provided with the relevant information in line with their technical requirements.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all tasks are completed in line with technical policies and procedures.
- Communicate any updates of customer requirements to the Technical Services Manager for GAP analysis and action.
- Attend HACCP meetings where required.
- Ownership for the technical aspects of bringing new products to market. This will involve customer liaison, specifications and artwork.
- To conduct technical risk assessments in area of responsibility where required.
- Accurately update and maintain records of all UK customer specifications ensuring that customers and internal functions have a clear record of the requirements in relation to finished product composition.
- To support site audits as directed by Technical Manager.
- First point of contact for customer queries in relation to finished product specifications.
Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrable experience or qualifications within the food industry.
- Experience of working within a technical specification role and some understanding of food labelling and food composition would be advantageous.
- Excellent administrative experience co-ordinating multiple systems and accurate data entry skills adhering to deadlines.
- Is a team player who supports others to ensure that work deadlines are achieved.
- Is flexible and adapts well to changing work demands
- Confident and articulate communicator over the phone, face to face and in writing.
- Excellent PC skills; ideally Microsoft Office.