Established in the 1980's, Surya, part of Flying Trade Group is a rapidly expanding family owned business with a £168 million annual turnover and 1458 strong employee base. With our flagship Laila brand, 17 quality grains, 200k tones milling capacity and BRC AA grade facility, we are a major Global Foods supplier in the Asian, Oriental, European and Afro-Caribbean sectors. Expanding fast into mainstream FMCG territory.
Surya Foods is expanding its Buying Team and is looking for an experienced Packaging Buyer to lead the procurement of various packaging materials.
- Salary -Competitive/Negotiable DOE
- Hours- 9am - 6pm
- Days- Monday to Friday (Flexibility required as per the business needs)
- May consider hybrid DOE (to be discussed at interview stage)
- Manage the packaging category, retender as appropriate, and support new product development by sourcing required materials, develop new packaging and labels to deliver new launches and marketing plans
- Develop key relationships with external suppliers.
- Work with internal stakeholders on internal projects
- Reporting to the Buying Director and supporting them with the overall company strategy.
- Challenge the current 'status quo' and devise and implement initiatives to further reduce packaging supply costs
- Be proactive in ongoing communications with suppliers to ensure any new packaging developments are updated
The Successful Applicant will have;
- 2 years of procurement experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment preferably in FMCG/Manufacturing
- Experience working with global suppliers
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Experienced in managing suppliers of outsourced services/third party manufacturing beneficial