Agriculture Customer and Sustainability lead.
Reporting to the Agriculture Director ensuring the sustainability agenda is being delivered and embedded across the Agriculture base, alongside the Group Sustainability lead and Agriculture Director you will be involved in the co creation of the longer term sustainability roadmap for Agriculture.
You will be the day-to-day Customer contact for all interactions in relation to agricultural sustainability.
In this role you will facilitate knowledge sharing, education and updates across the business unit and ensure targets are created and met against a set of substantiated KPI’s.
You will provide continuous horizon scanning and explore initiatives with wider industry stakeholders to understand how this could align with our strategy.
Key Accountabilities of the role:-
- To lead sustainability across Noble agriculture and its producer base.
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of the group agriculture net zero road map
- Reduce carbon in the agricultural supply chain through: Supporting and educating the producer network in sustainability best practise
- Promoting and measuring good environmental initiatives, energy awareness, waste reduction schemes etc
- Collaboration with the Commercial Team to ensure Brand plans are aligned to our Carbon Reduction plans.
- Champion actions from 4 yearly permit reviews for farms to continually improve areas in energy, water and waste.
- Champion Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme recommendations with follow through and implementation on Company farms.
- External engagement with relevant industry bodies to gain insight into future plans and align into Noble strategy if appropriate.
- Is the Agriculture sustainability lead contact for our Customers.
IEMA Foundation certificate in Environmental Management
IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
IEMA membership with CPD
Degree in Agriculture, sustainability or related subject
Experience within the agriculture industry or sustainability sector relating to agriculture.
Has a can- do attitude and works Together with others to influence change, inefficient procedures and improve overall productivity and effectiveness.
Self-motivated and Takes Ownership for delivering their objectives.
Is Courageous and make bold decisions when they know it is needed to solve a critical problem.
Is Action orientated and goes above and beyond to support where needed.
Works with integrity and Respect and adapts their style to build a string and effective and trust-based stakeholder relationships.
Is conscientious and willing to go the extra mile, passionate about our business, our products and the market and strives for Excellence with a desire for continuous improvement.
Noble Foods is a family business and leading UK supplier of fresh food brands and the market leader in the UK for egg products. Each week, Noble Foods individually grades, packs, and delivers over 60 million British Lion eggs for customers across the UK. Noble Food was named as one of only five companies to be recognised globally by the Business Benchmark on Farm Animal Welfare (BBFAW) for its stringent animal welfare practices.
Noble Foods is a family-owned company which began in 1920 and includes successful milling, poultry, agriculture, and consumer foods businesses. Within this, Noble Foods owns several well known brands, including the UK’s biggest free-range egg brand, The Happy Egg Co, Big & Fresh and Purely Organic.
In a recent survey by Best Companies we were rated as one of the Top 10 companies to work for in the Food and Drink industry.
- Company Car
- Service Awards
- Enhanced paternity and maternity
- Free life insurance Enhanced Sick Pay Scheme
- Access to Perkbox with a variety of discounts including a monthly freebie from Greggs or Café Nero
- Free turkey at Christmas to feed the family
- Discounted eggs and chicken
- A Celebration day after 1 years service enjoy an extra day off to celebrate a life event, such as your birthday
- Access to DigiCare + - Annual Health Check, Digital GP Consultations, Nutritional Consultations, Second Health Opinion and Mental Health Consultations.
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Free Eye Test every two years
- Discounted mobile phone contracts
- Share in our success with the People Partnership - after 6 months service you will be eligible for a yearly bonus
- Additional Allowances for First Aiders and Mental Health First Aiders
- Wellness programme
- Employee Charity Matching Scheme
Interested? If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button with a copy of your up-to-date CV. Due to the high number of candidates applying who have visa requirements, we would like to provide advance notice that we are currently unable to progress with any candidate who does not have a full right to work in the UK without dependant or sponsorship requirements.
Not right for you? We have a vast portfolio of clients who are always looking for new talented and passionate individuals to join their teams. Let us know what you are looking for and we can help match you with your next career move.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partners Ltd and no fees will be payable.