This position is responsible for driving a reduction of chronic losses (e.g. Process Reliability, Yield and Scrap) through the development of standards. This role will help reduce variation in operating methods thereby improving the reliability and repeatability of processes. The Process Engineer will work with Team Manager, Maintenance Manager and Technician teams to standardize processes and procedures for the plant, including, but not limited to, processing, packaging, and maintenance and engineering departments.
- Create the improvement plan for key to deliver the annual goals
- Lead the prioritization of losses in the line / area / sector in collaboration with operating team
- Critically analyze processes/systems/practices to identify current gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Help troubleshoot sporadic losses and drive them to zero by establishing and improving line standards
- Focus on cost reduction programs, process improvements, and engineering service requests as well as evaluation and recommendation of process capital improvements and automation
- Provide supporting data analysis and justifications for any technology improvements and capital expenditures and feasibility studies
- Responsible for coaching and developing Technicians / Operators to improve their skills allowing them to be more effective team members.
- Maintain integrity of line level data including training, health checks, and change control. Focus includes scorecards, downtime data base, manual tracking systems and SAP master data.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly rollup and analysis for key performance metrics like Process Reliability, Productivity, Yield and Scrap
- Ability to achieve project goals and objectives by applying the discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about successful project completion. Hold the team accountable for adopting new processes or behaviours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical and Industrial) is additional assert
- Proficiency in the application of statistical methods
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Word)
- Effective communication (both oral and written) skills with demonstrated ability to present ideas without formal authority
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days as needed to meet business demands
- Some experience working collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Good problem solving skills
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With over 14,000 employees around the world and more than $6 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.