Our client based in Greenwich are recruiting for an Assistant Transport Manager to join their fantastic team on their Day Shift on permanent basis.
As Assistant Transport Manager you will be required to assist the Transport Manager in looking after a dedicated team of around 25 drivers, including its operation, planning and administration. You will play a pivotal role in the day-to-day smooth running of the operation.
Please note this is a morning role working between 06:00am and 15:00pm 5 days a week including Saturday and Sunday as standard.
• Performance monitoring, coaching and development of the team.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction is maintained through the efficient delivery of products. and that our drivers always uphold company policies and image.
• Dealing with any account issues, including customer complaints.
• Managing all employee related issues, including performance, attendance, accident investigations, legal compliance, and infringements.
• Ensuring the Transport team meets all relevant transport and health and safety legislation.
• Managing and processing orders and invoices for the fleet, including liaising with the repairers.
• Registering drivers’ weekly hours for payroll purposes.
• Regularly reviewing procedures for improvements in efficiency and working practices.
• Covering for the Transport Manager as required.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar transport management role.
• A good working knowledge of driver’s hours and route planning.
• Experience of working flexible hours/days and ability to adapt to the changing demands of the role.
• Good vehicle knowledge, ideally with previous fleet management experience.
• Experience in compliance management.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, at all levels.
• Strong organisational skills and a working knowledge of IT systems.
• Company events
• Company pension
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted or free food
• Referral programme
• Sick pay
• Store discount
• Free cake on your birthday
Job Reference: 41298
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Emily McLeish to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.