Product and Process Developer
- Contract Type
As an award-winning food manufacturer, in the Leeds area Greencore is looking for a Product & Process Development Technologist to join their highly successful and ever-growing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-moving company that rewards success and offers great career prospects.
You will be validating product developments and providing appropriate documentation and support to promote customer acceptance to deliver seamless product launches.
- Accurately prepare all necessary documentation (feasibility forms, customer submission forms, customer and factory specifications) to progress from concept to process handovers prior to Product Developer approval
- Responsible for planning, preparation and conducting line trials to ensure outputs are fully documented with adherence to food safety, production quality standards and customer requirements
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and attend scale up trials for new raw materials to ensure that they are of a repeatable and sustainable quality, matched against the approved kitchen sample and the specification signed off by the customer
- Benchmark competitors product and conduct consistency panels
- Be customer facing and support the commercial teams for presentations and sample submissions.
- Support factory in quality improvement projects on recipe improvements and cost reductions
- Brief new, revised and repeat material requirements to the NPD buyers and packaging innovation team to ensure the correct resources are available for product development and factory trials
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ideally graduate calibre with a consumer science degree; may have entered via an apprentice route
- Previous experience of working in a similar role environment (may have been a work placement)
- Good food knowledge
- Analytical and numerate
- Good communication skills
About the company
Greencore Group is a fast growing, international convenience food leader, having doubled our sales over the past 5 years. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.
We value our people and we expect our people to work the Greencore Way (check out our LinkedIn page or https://www.greencore.com/about-us/the-greencore-way for more information on this)