Sourcing Director, Packaging
- Contract Type
This new role plays a vital part in leading the transformation of our packaging agenda. The position spans sourcing, innovation and sustainability, linking in with the key functions & stakeholders. The position will initially focus on a current state review and then the design & implementation of a new model to drive our competitive advantage in this area.
The role will report to the Group Procurement Director and forms a key part of the Purchasing Senior Leadership Team. In addition to this it will also link in with the Commercial Senior Leadership Team, which includes Innovation and NPD.
- Review current status across all aspects of packaging from innovation & ideation to obsolesce, considering all aspects of risk & opportunity.
- Support the formulation and implementation of packaging sourcing strategies to ensure that current and future business performance targets are achieved, and that action is taken to progress towards business growth & improvement objectives
- Drive supplier engagement and capability to drive improvement plans and innovation.
- Provide inspirational leadership to the packaging teams within Purchasing and across other functions.
- Seek innovation in packaging, stay abreast of trends and developments and ensure innovation is at the heart of sourcing decisions
- Develop close ties with colleagues across the food and new product development areas to ensure that sustainability and innovation are common goals
- Insure that Greencore are appropriately resourced (people, tools, systems etc) to meet emerging needs.
- Develop appropriate processes to more effectively manage churn and the associated costs and administrative burden
- Drive the Group sustainability & waste objectives as they relate to packaging.
- Provide support across ingredient & indirect spends with regards to supplier packaging.
- Link with Greencore Manufacturing Excellence GME & Greencore Engineering Excellence regarding packaging equipment capability & development.
- Significant packaging experience ideally within an FMCG environment
- Strong understanding and passion for innovation trends within packaging
- Interest in sustainability issues and able to evidence creativity and knowledge of related product development in packaging
- Experience of influencing multiple senior-level stakeholders in a matrix structure
- Demonstrable track record of building and leading teams
About the company
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.£1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.