Prep Team Leader
- Contract Type
As Team Leader you will ensure safe working practices are adopted at all times in accordance with health and safety policies, procedures and legislation.
You will be responsible for coordinating the transfer and correct use of materials from preparation, ensuring trace ability is maintained at all times.
Adhering to the product specification , manufacturing quality products efficiently and within time and quantity parameters, you will drive and motivate the team to meet and exceed their daily targets and deadlines, ensuring accuracy and a timely completion to enable clear trace ability. You will also communicate, monitor and action all waste control initiatives.
Managing, coaching, and developing all direct reports is a key responsibility within this role.
Other duties include job rotation within the team to reduce health and safety risks and to multi-skill the team ensuring all staff are trained and signed off for all roles within the department.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Heathrow, we have a team of around 200 colleagues. We produce gluten free products, topped pasta salads, composite salads - pasta, leaf, grains, pasta pots and snacking - duo pots for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
- Key skills required for the role are working well under pressure ensuring attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent levels of both written and verbal communication.
- You need to be a highly organised team player that will motivate the team to achieve the standards required.
- The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate proven experience of supervising a small team as well as to have an experience of working in a chilled manufacturing environment.
- The candidate should also demonstrate qualifications in Food Safety and general knowledge of health and safety standards within food manufacturing environment.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
About the company